Pages: [1]
Author Topic: map analyzer plugin for tunerpro  (Read 23863 times)
judeisnotobscure

« on: March 18, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »

beta version for tuner pro map analyzer plugin from mtx-electronics
You can download it at this link: http://www.mtx-electronics.com/automotive/page.php?29 and here you can find a brief description of how to integrate it with tunerpro: http://www.mtx-electronics.com/automotive/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?35.

it's usable but mtx-electronics is still developing it.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
Rick

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:24:57 AM »

What is it's purpose?
julex

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »

What is it's purpose?

Not much int term of description there but it sounds like it is for finding new maps in BINs or just mapping new BINs.
littco
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 03:57:43 PM »

Just had a quick look at it and a play go. Basically it allows you to load 2 maps, in 2d mode and compare them in graph form, similar to Winols 2d function but being able to overlay the maps.

It has a basic map find function as well, but not really that useful on it's own I think.

As it stands at the moment, if you have 2 maps, 1 original and 1 modified you can overlay them on a 2d map and see where the changes are, it will also skip to the next change so saving you the hassle of scanning the whole map.

It also has a 3d function, where you can select the map you want and then view the map, I couldn't get it to work though.

I think it's work in progress.
mtx-electronics

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:14:09 PM »

Summary

Yes, the program is still work in it's beta stage of development. There are quite a bit of feature that I still have not had time to implement. The main purpose of this application is to help definition file authors working with tunerpro analyze the maps inside the bin files and create XDF files that once loader in tunerpro will need minimal just some minor editing.

Why was it created?

The reason that I'm working on this is because not too long ago I decided to remove my dependence from commercial applications and start working with tunerpro, really this all happened because the current map editor I was using, and for which I spend quite a bit of money back in the days, was not satisfying my needs anymore and instead of spending alot of money on another application I found tunerpro which seemed to have the features that I needed. Anyways, my problem was that although tunerpro is very good it is not currently targeted for professional use and it's missing (in my opinion) a good interface to allow map analyses. I for example spend 75% of the time creating & updating definition files and the other 25% doing the actual tuning. This happens because almost every day I will have a new car in the shop which will require a new and/or updated definition for proper editing so I needed something that would allow me to operate easily and help speed up this process.

Reply's to previous posts & some statements

- Currently I do not have any intetioon to incorporate any map editing features, this can be done with tunerpro;

- to make 3D work you have to give that map start address in the ADDR edit boxes and setup the number of axis points in the X & Y edit boxes then press the 3D button;

- at the moment you can view up to three bin files in the 2D view;

- the buttons that are not enabled are there for future features;

- the current automatic map searching is still only very basic & will be heavily modified in future releases.

Features you can expect in the next releases

- This first thing is going to be adding signed number support;

- The next most important feature is XDF file loading & saving, the maps will be shown in a tree view on the left in a similar way to winols;

- next I will be adding map highlighting in the 2D view so that you can see as you scroll the 2D all the defined maps;

- next I will add features to allow creating & editing of new maps through the use of the mouse on the 2D view;

- then I will update the "File information" box to better support ECU model identification and add other ecu's like siemens to the supported list. Currently only Bosch sw & hw id's information is extracted from the bin;

- and now it will be time to add good support for automatic map searching & analyses for all ecu's.

Some questions that are haunting me...

I currently don't know if I will continue development of this application only for windows or move towards a multi-platform direction in which case I would most probably use wxWidgets. The things that are keeping me back on this choise are:

- wxWidgets does not support MDI applications and I would like to move towards this type of application structure... or something similar... Maybe I could overcome this problem by making the interface in multiple windows similar to how "The Gimp" has done it???

- good 3D graphing components for wxWidgets are not currently available, so if I choose to go in this direction I must find a solution because I don't want to spend the next moths of my life creating a 3D component from scratch. The only possible solution I have found for now is using the "GNUPlot" application and calling it externally. If I were to follow the Linux way (do one thing and do it good) this would seem the correct approach, but I'm still a little undecided...

- and finally I must decide on the previous two points before I continue working on the application because I don't want to do things twice, so if I decide for the switch to wxWidgets this would become the next major update.

So if anybody has any thoughts they would like to share please feel free to comment.
Rick

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:02:55 AM »

How is progress?
mtx-electronics

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »

I've got a new version almost ready. Mainly it has some bug fixes & small feature updates but I'm waiting to add bookmarking to release it so it should be out within a few days.
ElementalVoid

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 02:24:56 PM »

Please please please don't do window management like The Gimp. That's got to be the worst interface I've ever been stuck using. Many apps have horrid interfaces but I can easily uninstall and forget I ever saw them. I use Linux for 95% of everything I do and as of yet gimp is probably the most sofisticated raster image editing software that I'm aware of. I hate using it but sometimes I had no other choice. Just 2 cents.
mtx-electronics

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:34 PM »

Small update for the forum members who have asked for it, now map analyzer can import bin's from OLS project files.
littco

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »

Hi

Can I make suggestion. I've been using the analyser a lot recently to create some new xdf's. My only thing I would like to have is a short cut key for the "goto address" search function. Control "g" would be good. Also is it possible just to enter the address you want to goto ie be able to enter say 181cb rather than highlighting the 0x000000 working out how many 0's you need to highlight to insert the address you want. I know they are only small things and not a major drama if I have to live with it but it would certainly make "Map hunting" easier
mtx-electronics

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »

Thanks for your input I will add them to the todo list for the next release. Only one question I don't understand:

"Also is it possible just to enter the address you want to goto ie be able to enter say 181cb rather than highlighting the 0x000000 working out how many 0's you need to highlight to insert the address you want"

because you don't need to leave any zero's in front, you can put 0x123 or 0x00123 and it is the same thing...

Depending on how much time I have I would like to also add importing/exporting XDF files & support for signed numbers.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:03:43 PM by mtx-electronics » Logged
littco

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »

That's great , the 0x123 is good if it works like that I must just have not tried it properly

Also as your at it :-) any chance of a short cut key for "sync map" to sync and unsync?

Good work though, it's a real benefit to use and a lot easier than winols to search and over lay maps.
mtx-electronics

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »

I decided to use up a few free minutes I had today to add the shortcuts, add search for previous differences & update some missing translations.
littco

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »

Works perfectly, thank you for the short cuts.

Also the export bin feature is brilliant as now you can export a bin file from a Winols file where as before you had to have a full version of winols to do it, so that's a big plus on this now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: