Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ME7: How to change Component number / Engine ID?  (Read 15165 times)
Matt Danger

« on: April 13, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

I've seen the Component number / Engine ID changed on some tunes to identify the version, etc. Does any one know how to do this or the addresses where this info is stored?

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »

It is stored as plain ASCII text in the flash binary.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Matt Danger

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 06:25:40 PM »

Ah, so simple. Thanks Tony!

fwiw on the M-Box:
VAG number address: 0x110ED
Component number address: 0x110F9
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:58:00 PM by Matt Danger » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »

Out of curiosity, why do you want to change this? To keep track of revisions?
Matt Danger

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »

Pretty much wanted to use the space to describe the tune (k03/k04 and 93/e85/race). But now I think it'd be better to use some of the empty space at the tail end of the file.

Got the idea from both seeing shops doing it and the unlabeled stage 2 tune (that now i can clearly see was GIAC) that was posted without any description. With more people posting their files (a good thing!) writing notes would be a nice option.

And I saw the pros doing it and wanted to know how they did it. Didn't think to just look through the file for strings, derp.
vagenwerk

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:01:59 PM »

changing Component number there is need to correct checksum  ?
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:32 PM »

Yes. (you need to update the checksums if you change ANYTHING in the binary) Another interesting tidbit is you can program whatever you want in the EXTRA fields. It's normally reserved for immo data, but on pre-immo cars/immo off'd cars you can put anything you want in there. That data is stored on the eeprom however.

Mine says DDillenger wuz here.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Bische

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »

What about the "Press clutch pedal to start"?

Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »

I was thinking of something funny, the inspection guy gave me a weird look last time (ddillenger was here). Next time maybe-"Call your mother more" or something along those lines. lol

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »

Yes. (you need to update the checksums if you change ANYTHING in the binary) Another interesting tidbit is you can program whatever you want in the EXTRA fields. It's normally reserved for immo data, but on pre-immo cars/immo off'd cars you can put anything you want in there. That data is stored on the eeprom however.

Mine says DDillenger wuz here.
So the binary itself has identifying parts that correlate with the EEPROM for immo, right?  Where in the .bin is the part that has the security comarprison data, and is the security data that the immo checking the SKC, VIN, or what?
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »

So the binary itself has identifying parts that correlate with the EEPROM for immo, right?  Where in the .bin is the part that has the security comarprison data, and is the security data that the immo checking the SKC, VIN, or what?

I would love to know this too-add the functions to an m-box that checks for immo. Julex is interested as well.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »

I would love to know this too-add the functions to an m-box that checks for immo. Julex is interested as well.
I'm not too worried about adding them to an m-box necessarily, as I'm more likely to start switching over to a K-box soon, and will have activate immo with that. I am curious though, for the consideration of writing tunes for other immo cars without having to immo delete them (rather just throw the new car's VIN and/or whatever into the binary).

BTW, was it you who said that they have both immo3 active cluster and N/A non-immo3 cluster (that has immo in rest of world cars), and were going to snap a picture of the supposed 'immo3' specific box on the cluster?  If so, I'd still love to check that out:)
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

I have immo-2 clusters, haven't gotten around to taking them apart. As soon as I do the LCD swaps I'll get the pics. My experience of immo-3 is rather limited I'm afraid.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
jibberjive

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »

Euro B5 RS4 is immo3, correct?

According to my research it is, I'm just hoping for someone to verify.
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »

I believe immo-3 is 03-up.

At least 02 a6's are immo-2, and I can't imagine an earlier car getting a later version of immo, but who knows. I'm from NA.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: